The Perfect Summer Cottage Vacation for the Whole Family
Swimming & Water Fun
Swimming in Clear Lake is a truly memorable experience as the water is indeed crystal clear.
Algonquin Woods is situated on the southern end of Clear Lake. Our swimming area has been described as “one of the best in Muskoka” with the perfect combination of crystal clear water, north facing (so we get the late afternoon sun!) and a clean sandy bottom. Just perfect for toddlers.
We have a variety of water craft available for use, including:
▪ paddle boat, canoe, kayaks & rowboat (all free for guests)
▪ surf bike & boat with motor (for hire at a nominal fee)
▪ Raft & Rave Bongo with Launch Pad & Log (July & August)
Playground & Games
A children’s playground right at the beach (swings, slide, sand, buckets & shovels) and a wide variety of activities available, including:
▪ a sand volleyball / badminton court (equipment supplied)
▪ horseshoe pits
▪ shuffleboard court
▪ table tennis table (under cover)
▪ bocce, board games & magazines (borrow from the office)
Smallmouth Bass, Splake (stocked by the MNR) and Rainbow Trout.
During the summer months, we sell worms and ice for your convenience.
Our campfire is situated right on the beach. Guests are welcome to light the communal campfire any night they wish after 6 pm. (local fire regulations) A reasonable amount of firewood is provided free of charge. Additional wood is available for sale.
▪ At least a dozen golf courses within a 10-30 minute drive
▪ 45 minutes to the West Gate of Algonquin Provincial Park
▪ 10 minutes to Arrowhead Provincial Park
▪ Suds on Main (Kearney have a beer doing your laundry!)
▪ 45 minutes to Santa’s Village (Discount Coupons Available)
▪ 10 minutes to Huntsville
Local Golf Courses from Golf Ontario